I've been putting off this project for a long while. It's not like I could ignore it... I use this space EVERY dang day. But I wasn't up for it. I could blame it on the cancer induced fatigue but that's been gone for 6 months now.
Truth be told, it seemed daunting. How could such a small space have that control over me? Surely this wasn't as big of a project as my mind had made it out to be. I decided to listen to my own advice.... I got out my Flip camera [because if I video it then I have to finish it right?!] then I set my oven timer for 5 minutes to see if it would even take me that long. Here's what I found out...
1. Remove items shelf by shelf... sort + categorize as you go: drink mixes, peanut butter + honey, sugars, cooking fixin's, etc. If items are questionable place them in a 'need to decide' pile to look at later.
2. Clean Shelves [this took me the longest... #oooohyuckystickygrossstuff
3. Toss expired items, Bag up Donations- place in trunk
4. Organize [place less used items on the highest shelf, most often on lowest]
5. Label [i needed to trim the edges of my labels that were coming off]
ps i get bonus points for tackling this with the kids underfoot... you get bonus points if you can name what song one kidlet was bustin' out on Glee wii sing?!