I'm a HUGE believer that we can do almost ANYTHING for 5 minutes...
On AMNW today I shared 5 different spaces in your life that you can tackle in 5 minutes. I promise you'll feel more in control and it will take the 'edge' off [almost like a good glass of wine]!
Check out my new timer.. it's quite coolio. Ironically as I was prepping for my segment I couldn't find my timer. I'm not saying I lost it... I'm merely going to go with the story that my kids jacked it so that I couldn't make them do any more '5 minute pick up/clean up' sessions! #maybemaybenot
1) Your Handbag... take 5 to clear out the receipts, trash, and randomness that settles at the bottom of your handbag. You can easily find 5 minutes while you're waiting at the gas pump or stuck in traffic. *note my cute Bagmate available in Camas at The Uncommon Gift.
2) Your Clothes Closet... I dare you to set the timer for 5 minutes and see how many items you can say adios to. *extra points if you have your spouse + kidlets do the same
3) The Mudroom... oh just do it. It's only 5 minutes and you'll feel SO much better. I'm sure the summer items are ready for storage and you can bust out the scarves + mittens for the cold months ahead. *consider adding a "Donation" and "Return Items" bin to this area. It's nice to give those kind of bins their own home.
4) The Drop Spot.... aka My Laundry Room. Grab a couple of bins- 1 for each family member. Place their 'stuff' in their bin and 'force, bribe, dangle a carrot' in front of them to put their belongings away.
5) The Junk Drawer... c'mon do it. It's only junk. Wipe down the drawer while you have it empty.