Today was a fun lil' segment just for my "Perfectionists!". Have a quick listen + see how you can make life a bit easier for yourself... for some reason the clip cuts short so I've added tips below to make up for it~
1. STOP OVER-ORGANIZING YOUR KIDLETS!
- Maybe they don't want their Legos sorted by color lil' mama!
- Try using a basket/bin for their flimsy books, they NEVER stay or look good on the book shelf aka library style.
- Why bother folding their socks + underwear... clean is good enough
2. STOP OVER-FILING
- Forget color-coding files... it's hard to maintain
- Left justify your file tabs- they're easier to read.
- Use 1 file for your paid bills instead of a file for each company. And only keep last months statements as a receipt that you paid. [unless of course you have perpetual problems w/a company or need docs for taxes]
3. STOP OVER-DOING IT!
- Are you a serial organizing product purchaser?! Don't just buy a box because it's cute!
- Start + Finish one project at a time. You don't need to organize the ENTIRE closet- just a drawer will do.