Road Tripping with kids... WATCH my segment here! So MUCH TO SHARE... and not nearly enough time. So I took a few photos and will be sharing my Road Tripping Survival Tips with you this week but right now the kids are about to walk in the door and it will be back to my mom-job.....
Coming later this week...
Part 2- Basics of Traveling with Kids: organizing tips for snacks + electronics
Part 3- Travel Games: old school + new school
Here's some quick tips for creating your own in-car "mom bag".
First I use a simple tote that has a small box-bottom so that it won't tip over all the time and not too large so that it becomes a catch-all.
- Add some magazines that you've been wanting to peruse.
- A clipboard w/paper to catch all those ideas + random thoughts you'll find yourself having.
- Your own secret stash of water + treats!
- Favorite CD's
- A book you've been wanting to read.
- A couple of cards + stamps.
- Tylenol... just in case you can't take it any longer!
The "mom-bag" isn't just for road trippin'.... it's great to keep in the car for when you find yourself waiting for the kids to finish practice or take into your dental appt. w/you... just add a good book and you're good to enjoy those spare moments.