So just how do you know when to toss that lipstick... mascara? I'm always a little lame + late when it comes to really ditching that little ol' product that cost ever so dang much. And I don't even purchase department store brands....Truth be told I'm a Loreal girl- straight up from Target or the grocery store.
Here's what I learned from one of my new favorite mags, ShopSmart;) you can visit them at www.shopsmartmag.org It's a new kind of shopping mag from Consumer Reports- meaning they aren't influenced by advertisers because they don't accept freebies or ads. And that means to me... that they aren't telling me toss it just so I'll purchase the item in question more frequently.
ITEM WHEN TO CHUCK IT
- Blush Every 2-3 years
- Eyeliner After 3 months if it's the liquid type
- Foundation After 6-12 months
- Lipstick After 1-2 years
- Makeup Brushes no need to toss. Clean them every 2 weeks w/gentle shampoo
- Makeup Sponges Every 2-4 weeks
- Mascara Every 4 months
- Moisturizer After a year
- Self-Tanner After 2 years
- Sunscreen After 1 year, unless expiration date is listed.
hmmmm... that suncreen thing- that could explain the sunburn and the others... the pink-eye ;)